_Do you see the value of reporting of news from a new and distinct multicultural perspective?
_Do you want to change how news get reported in the U.S.?
–Do you have sharp editorial instincts?
_Do you get excited about social media, audiovisual content, Digital Media + Print Media?
GET READY FOR THIS EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY for a Bilingual Journalist/Writer and digital content producer.
*We are seeking a dynamic bilingual writers able to create original content using speed, creativity and good news judgment.
Must be an avid follower of news sites and be extremely social media savvy.
- Create at least 3 daily articles/posts of original and curated content.
- Keep site updated with postings and develop longer stories for the weekly print edition.
- Monitor news and alert staff and contributors to aid their coverage.
- Input and manage multiple stories in content management system.
- Write eye-catching headlines and enticing tweets.
- Basic video and photo shooting and editing to prepare content for web publishing.
- Monitor traffic trends and help staffers and contributors to capitalize on it.
- Avid social media user to propagate all web stories.
- Support staff and contributors for the weekly print edition.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passion for news media, digital, print media and diversity issues
- Must be a social media superstar and have a real audience following
- Must have a love for storytelling and engaging with a digital audience
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats and be a team player
- Ability to work independently when required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Basic knowledge of HTML, video editing (Final Cut Pro) and Adobe Photoshop
*A minimum of 4 years of work experience in news gathering, writing, producing, multimedia news editing and desktop editing.